Smooth, sweet, and rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants, this succulent combination is the perfect addition to any meal. Butternut squash and pumpkins are abundant in nutrients known as carotenoids, which are amazingly beneficial for overall cardiovascular health. Cauliflower has a mild flavor and is an excellent source of vitamin C, K, folate, and fiber.
*Choose organic produce whenever possible*
- 3 cups diced butternut squash, peeled
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt, Celtic or sea
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Place the butternut squash in a large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower and let simmer for about 5 minutes, or until both vegetables are soft. Transfer to a food processor, add the butter or ghee, cheese, salt, pepper, and pumpkin seeds and process until smooth. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Purchase your copy of The Great Cholesterol Myth Cookbook, also available where books and e-books are sold.
© Fair Winds Press, 2014. All rights reserved.