By Stephen T. Sinatra, M.D., F.A.C.C., F.A.C.N., C.N.S., C.B.T.
The finale of my 3-part series…
- In Part 1, I discussed my favorite breakfast ingredients with which to make three easy, light, tasty, and healthy meals, and showed you the first meal: flaxseed muffins with coconut oil. Watch video.
- In Part 2, I demonstrated how to to make a nutrient- and fiber-packed bowl of cereal using a medley of fresh berries, corn flakes, chia seeds, walnuts, almonds and coconut milk. Watch video.
Now, I take many of those same ingredients and combine them – with a few added surprise extras – in a high-speed blender to serve up a breakfast of champions! Why is it so healthy?
- A balance of low-glycemic carbohydrates, healthy fats and proteins to help keep insulin levels low
- Packed with fiber, which can help keep you feeling fuller longer and is a great detoxifier
- Full of vitamins, antioxidants, natural plant compounds and fatty acids that support cardiovascular health
Blending (preferably organic) fruits and vegetables is a fantastic way to pack lots of nutrients and fiber into a single meal or snack. Be sure to check out my Healthy Cooking Sinatra-Smart Smoothie page for several more variations.
Visit Drsinatra.com and read:
© 2014 HeartMD Institute. All rights reserved.