In addition to writing numerous books and online articles at HeartMD Institute and Drsinatra.com, Dr. Sinatra has authored or coauthored the following peer reviewed journal articles:
Integrative Medicine & Metabolic Cardiology
- Metabolic Cardiology: An Integrative Strategy in the Treatment of Congestive Heart Failure. Altern Ther Health Med. 2009 May/Jun;15(3):44-52.
- Metabolic Cardiology: The Missing Link in Cardiovascular Disease. Altern Ther Health Med. 2009 Mar/Apr;15(2):48-50.
- Alternative medicine for the conventional cardiologist. Heart Dis. 2000 Jan-Feb;2(1):16-30. Review.
- Coenzyme Q10 in patients with end-stage heart failure awaiting cardiac transplantation: a randomized, placebo-controlled study. Clin Cardiol. 2004 Oct;27(10):A26; author reply A26, A30.
- The effects of Coenzyme Q10 on locomotor and behavioral activity in young and aged C57BL/6 mice. Biofactors. 2003;18(1-4):283-7. (Co-authored with D.S. Sinatra and C.J. Heyser.)
- Coenzyme Q10 and congestive heart failure. Ann Intern Med. 2000 Nov 7;133(9):745-6.
- “Care,” cancer and coenzyme Q10. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999 Mar;33(3):897-9.
- Relative bioavailability of coenzyme Q10 formulations in human subjects. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 1998;68(2):109-13. (Co-authored with R.K. Chopra, R. Goldman and H.N. Bhagavan.)
- CoEnzyme Q10: A Vital Therapeutic Nutrient for the Heart with Special Application in Congestive Heart Failure. Conn Med. 1997 Nov;61(11):707-711.
- Refractive Congestive Heart Failure Successfully Managed with High Dose CoEnzyme Q10 Administration. Molec Aspects Med 1997;18(Supp.)s299-s305.
Antioxidants and Free Radicals:
- Free radicals, oxidative stress, oxidized low density lipoprotein (LDL), and the heart: antioxidants and other strategies to limit cardiovascular damage. Conn Med. 1995 Oct;59(10):579-88. (Co-authored with J. Sinatra.)
- Is cholesterol lowering with statins the gold standard for treating patients with cardiovascular risk and disease? South Med J. 2003 Mar;96(3):220-2.
Stress and the Heart:
- Ventricular tachyarrhythmia and psychological stress. JAMA. 1987 Aug 14;258(6):783.
- The heart and mental stress, real and imagined. Lancet. 1985 Jan 26;1(8422):222-3. (Co-authored with L.A. Feitell)
- Stress: a cardiologist’s point of view. Postgrad Med. 1984 Jul;76(1):231-4.
- Stress and the heart–behavioral interaction and plan for strategy. Conn Med. 1984 Feb;48(2):81-6. (Co-authored with A. Kurien, H. Hatch, B. Montano, and D. Camaione.)
- A Stress Management Program with Biochemical Assay. Conn Med. 1982; 46(7):370-372.
Specific Cardiovascular Concerns:
- Sinatra ST, et al. Cardiogenic shock associated with disopyramide phosphate. JAMA. 1980 Mar 21;243(11):1132.
- Enhanced atrioventricular conduction atrial fibrillation after lidocaine administration. JAMA. 1977 Mar 28;237(13):1356-7. (Co-authored with R.M. Jeresaty.)
Exercise and Fitness:
- Middle age male distance runners: physiological and psychological profiles. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 1991 Sep;31(3):461-9. (Co-authored with C.M. Maresh, B.G. Sheckley, G.J. Allen, and D.N. Camaione.)
- Beneficial effects of exercise and current concepts in adult fitness. Conn Med. 1981 Oct;45(10):620-5. (Co-authored with D.N. Camaione.)
- Effects of Continuous Passive Motion, Walking, and a Placebo Intervention on Physiological and Psychological Well Being. J. Cardiopulmonary Rehabil. 1990;10:279-286. (Co-authored with G.J. Allen, DN Camaione and A. Abraham.)
- Chevalier G and Sinatra ST. “Emotional stress, heart rate variability, grounding, and improved autonomic tone: Clinical applications.” Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal, 2011; 10(3):16-21.
- Chevalier G, Sinatra ST, Oschman JL, Delany RM. “Earthing (grounding) the human body reduces blood viscosity—a major factor in cardiovascular disease.” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, July 2012: published online ahead of print at http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/acm.2011.0820
- Chevalier G, Sinatra S, Oschman JL, Sokal K, Sokal P. “Earthing: Health implications of reconnecting the human body to the Earth’s surface electrons. Journal of Environmental and Public Health, 2012; published online at http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jeph/2012/291541/