By Stephen T. Sinatra, M.D., F.A.C.C., F.A.C.N., C.N.S., C.B.T.
In addition to writing numerous books and online articles at HeartMD Institute and Drsinatra.com, Dr. Sinatra has authored or coauthored the following peer reviewed journal articles:
Integrative Medicine & Metabolic Cardiology
- Metabolic Cardiology: An Integrative Strategy in the Treatment of Congestive Heart Failure. Altern Ther Health Med. 2009 May/Jun;15(3):44-52.
- Metabolic Cardiology: The Missing Link in Cardiovascular Disease. Altern Ther Health Med. 2009 Mar/Apr;15(2):48-50.
- Alternative medicine for the conventional cardiologist. Heart Dis. 2000 Jan-Feb;2(1):16-30. Review.
- Coenzyme Q10 in patients with end-stage heart failure awaiting cardiac transplantation: a randomized, placebo-controlled study. Clin Cardiol. 2004 Oct;27(10):A26; author reply A26, A30.
- The effects of Coenzyme Q10 on locomotor and behavioral activity in young and aged C57BL/6 mice. Biofactors. 2003;18(1-4):283-7. (Co-authored with D.S. Sinatra and C.J. Heyser.)
- Coenzyme Q10 and congestive heart failure. Ann Intern Med. 2000 Nov 7;133(9):745-6.
- “Care,” cancer and coenzyme Q10. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999 Mar;33(3):897-9.
- Relative bioavailability of coenzyme Q10 formulations in human subjects. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 1998;68(2):109-13. (Co-authored with R.K. Chopra, R. Goldman and H.N. Bhagavan.)
- CoEnzyme Q10: A Vital Therapeutic Nutrient for the Heart with Special Application in Congestive Heart Failure. Conn Med. 1997 Nov;61(11):707-711.
- Refractive Congestive Heart Failure Successfully Managed with High Dose CoEnzyme Q10 Administration. Molec Aspects Med 1997;18(Supp.)s299-s305.
Antioxidants and Free Radicals:
- Free radicals, oxidative stress, oxidized low density lipoprotein (LDL), and the heart: antioxidants and other strategies to limit cardiovascular damage. Conn Med. 1995 Oct;59(10):579-88. (Co-authored with J. Sinatra.)
- Is cholesterol lowering with statins the gold standard for treating patients with cardiovascular risk and disease? South Med J. 2003 Mar;96(3):220-2.
Stress and the Heart:
- Ventricular tachyarrhythmia and psychological stress. JAMA. 1987 Aug 14;258(6):783.
- The heart and mental stress, real and imagined. Lancet. 1985 Jan 26;1(8422):222-3. (Co-authored with L.A. Feitell)
- Stress: a cardiologist’s point of view. Postgrad Med. 1984 Jul;76(1):231-4.
- Stress and the heart–behavioral interaction and plan for strategy. Conn Med. 1984 Feb;48(2):81-6. (Co-authored with A. Kurien, H. Hatch, B. Montano, and D. Camaione.)
- A Stress Management Program with Biochemical Assay. Conn Med. 1982; 46(7):370-372.
Specific Cardiovascular Concerns:
- Sinatra ST, et al. Cardiogenic shock associated with disopyramide phosphate. JAMA. 1980 Mar 21;243(11):1132.
- Enhanced atrioventricular conduction atrial fibrillation after lidocaine administration. JAMA. 1977 Mar 28;237(13):1356-7. (Co-authored with R.M. Jeresaty.)
Exercise and Fitness:
- Middle age male distance runners: physiological and psychological profiles. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 1991 Sep;31(3):461-9. (Co-authored with C.M. Maresh, B.G. Sheckley, G.J. Allen, and D.N. Camaione.)
- Beneficial effects of exercise and current concepts in adult fitness. Conn Med. 1981 Oct;45(10):620-5. (Co-authored with D.N. Camaione.)
- Effects of Continuous Passive Motion, Walking, and a Placebo Intervention on Physiological and Psychological Well Being. J. Cardiopulmonary Rehabil. 1990;10:279-286. (Co-authored with G.J. Allen, DN Camaione and A. Abraham.)
- Chevalier G and Sinatra ST. “Emotional stress, heart rate variability, grounding, and improved autonomic tone: Clinical applications.” Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal, 2011; 10(3):16-21.
- Chevalier G, Sinatra ST, Oschman JL, Delany RM. “Earthing (grounding) the human body reduces blood viscosity—a major factor in cardiovascular disease.” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, July 2012: published online ahead of print at http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/acm.2011.0820
- Chevalier G, Sinatra S, Oschman JL, Sokal K, Sokal P. “Earthing: Health implications of reconnecting the human body to the Earth’s surface electrons. Journal of Environmental and Public Health, 2012; published online at http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jeph/2012/291541/